Recent years have seen the rapid growth of electric bicycles - or 'E-Bikes' - into the leisure mobility market.
These machines operate as regular bikes until pedalling reaches a certain force, at which point the electric drive activates, providing power assistance.
Bearings are an integral part of an e-bikes electric drive train system, seen in seat pillars, free wheel hubs, internal gear mechanisms and bottom brackets.
BTC bearing solutions offer:
- Low running friction and wear for smooth running and optimised performance of the application.
- A range of special materials and components where required, including corrosion-resistant steels and sealing option to combat contaminant ingress.
- Minimal maintenance and long service life.
- Highly accurate running and suitability to high temperature/high speed applications.
- Bearing designs can be fully customised to fit the application and our customer's requirements.